Sunday, June 10, 2018

It's not about the daisies

I was disheartened that I had not brought along my Nikon camera on this impromptu visit to the Oakland Camp Road to view the Mountain Lady's Slippers one more time.  It was a kind of reunion with a couple of old friend I hadn't seen for a couple of years. As we strolled up and down the road after photographing the orchids, I saw this.  I thought I might as well take a lousy photo with my iPhone, just for the record.  I have trouble seeing an image clearly and knowing if I'm in focus because of the glare on the screen.  I know the iPhone is capable of remarkable photos, but for me conditions must be perfect and I must concentrate more than usual.  I prefer my DSLR, but this time I got lucky.  This is definitely the best photo I've taken with my phone.  It's also a kind of preview to a post I'll make tomorrow that will include at least 10 photos of daisies, each with an arthropod visitor - some beetles, some flies, some spiders. At this time of year, and for at least another month, the daisies attract a wide variety of visitors, some just feeding, others waiting for food to arrive, some pollinating, or doing all of these things - whether they"know" it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment