Friday, June 1, 2018

Great photo day to start the month of June.

 Not necessarily great photos, but I had a great time taking them.  The Mountain Lady's Slippers are looking great.  I hope they'll be around another couple of weeks.  Most of my other favorite plants for photo subjects are not looking so good.  The drought and various human activities have taken a toll.
 As is my habit, so far, I try to find beauty anyway.  In the above photo, the deceased cluster of Purple Milkweed blossoms are as much the "subject" as the butterfly.  This scene was at the edge of a mud puddle in the dirt road the runs north of Oakland Camp.
This crane fly posed at the edge of another part of the puddle.  Many more satisfying photos taken today, but I might not get to post them until Sunday.  Busy day planned for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment