Thursday, June 28, 2018

Cabbage?

 I've been so busy, I almost forgot I made a brief visit to my favorite haunts around Oakland Camp on a weekday during a break from grading essays for my summer class.  This Cabbage White butterfly was so engrossed in feeding off the wild mustard, which is in the cabbage family, Brassicaceae, that it permitted a close approach and allowed me to take six photos before it took off.  Got me to thinking about flying, how I love to watch things fly while definitely aversive to flying myself.  A few stormy flights, which I interpreted as near-death experiences, has made me a confirmed land lover.
With this post, I have reached one of my goals for the summer.  That is averaging at least one post per day for the remainder of the year.  I have several subsidiary goals I don't need to talk about here, but I am happy to be actively blogging again.  I'll be making a few changes in the information in the left margin, and also going back to add text to several posts of the past two weeks.  Meanwhile, don't forget, if you click on any photo you'll get a closer view.

No comments:

Post a Comment