Wednesday, July 17, 2013

It's a Madia, Madia, Madia World

My title is a corny tribute to a corny movie that came out a couple of weeks before JFK was assassinated.  I am continually amazed by the daily disappearing act of the large crop of Madia blooming along the northern stretch of Quincy Junction Road.  On my way to work, I see these flowers glowing in the early morning light. I stop and look at the details, and I'm tempted to take hundreds of photos to look at the details enlarged on my computer.  I often bend a few of them into better positions to take advantage of the available light.  Then, as I hurry on to work I notice the great fragrance on my hands reminding me of KitKitDizze, Cedar, and various Tarweeds.  Then, a mere four hours later, on my way home, there's not a bloom in sight.  They all close up so tightly than it appears the area has been thoroughly mowed or grazed.  Then, the next morning, they're back!  And this whole experience is free!
Photos taken at camp this morning will be posted tomorrow. 





1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous madia photos, especially the back lit ones!!! When I drive down Chandler Road just before sunset the back lit grasses all along there often take my breath away with their beauty, especially at this time of year, and your back-lit madia photos show that same beauty.

    (roseindigo)

    ReplyDelete