Monday, June 13, 2011

Wish I Had Video











I was trying to get a close-up of this pretty, invasive clover when I was captivated by this Ladybug. She never stopped walking, and is I followed her from about 8 inches away, I couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking. Seemed pretty happy in this bed of clover to which I hate to attach the term "invasive." It is currently producing beautiful red carpets on the roadside from the Greenville Y to the Crescent Grade. I'm sure it's all over the county and beyond, but the Quincy-Greenville route is the only one I take weekly. I guess I'll do a little library/internet research to find out if and where this clover is doing harm. Meanwhile, it seems to be a great setting for Ladybug movies. One of these days I'll have to try video.
Incidentally, the original purpose of this stop was to check on the Showy Milkweed, Asclepias speciosa. The Purple Milkweed nearby has been blooming for nearly a month, but this one is still in tight clusters of buds. Also nearby is the Narrow-leaf Milkweed, still in buds. Still further behind are fellow family members Spreading Dogbane and Indian Hemp.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These are terrific photos! Why do you call the clover 'invasive'?

    ReplyDelete