Sunday, June 5, 2011

Orchids, Present and Future




I took a little drive out to Oakland Camp in the rain, not really expecting to do any photography. Wanted to see if the water had risen to cover the bridge again. On a whim, I decided to get out in the rain to check on the place where I discovered Mountain Lady Slippers last summer. Lo and behold, they were budding. I decided I had to get some photos, so I shielded my camera with my jacket and went back into the woods. Got these photos of the Lady Slipper plus a beautiful Spotted Coral Root, also an orchid like the lady slipper. In the vicinity, I also got some nice shots of the Western Dog Violet, False Solomon's Seal, and Checker Bloom. The lichens on the tree branches are looking really good in this rainy weather, too. I'll post photos of these others early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment