Monday, July 9, 2018

One season fading, but another will follow

 One patch of daisies that I watch almost daily is coming to the end of its season - at least the season for daisies.  Petals are wilting and dropping, entire plants and keeling over, and there is much less insect activity.  However, this morning I did manage to spot the above (and below) crab spider getting ready for another day of food flying into its grasp.  There also appears to be a part of one of this little TP's they seem to make for hiding during the night.
 Even with the petals drooping, the remaining disk of flowers seemed photogenic to me.
I look forward to the next points of interest in this stretch.  The Pine Drops, Stickseed, and Horsetails are all looking pretty good, and in their maturation over the next month I'm sure I'll find items of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment