Monday, July 9, 2018

Appendix

 No, not the digestive gland attached to the colon, but in the sense of afterthoughts or supplemental material placed at the end of a book. These are two from the last week of June taken near Oakland Camp.  I already posted a more distant view of the Plume Moths mating (above) on June 29, but I am still intrigued by having found them under a cluster of Narrow-leaf Milkweed blossoms that I thought a closer look was warranted.  Click on the photo to get even closer.
The small patch of Fireweed that blooms at the edge of the road into Oakland Camp always intrigues me because it's the only patch of this flower I've seen in American Valley (Quincy area), and I first discovered this flower at 6000+ feet elevation In Lassen National Park.  Surprised to see it at 3500 feet.  Beautiful, tall plant with many blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment