Saturday, July 7, 2018

More good results with camera.

 While shivering under a cloudy sky and complaining to myself about forgetting both camera and jacket, I ended up getting a few spectacular photos with my phone (see previous post), but it will be sunny today, so I will be prepared.  Today's set were also taken yesterday and are of interest to me more for documenting the trip.  The above close-up of the blossoms of Narrow-leaf Milkweed, remind me of what spectacular flowers the milkweeds produce.  In this particular species, they're only about 1/3 of an inch wide and are mostly ignored.  Since they occur in clusters of dozens, the overall effect is of a pretty flower, even though, as with composites like sunflowers, you're actually looking at hundreds.
 Speaking of composites, the above photo of Arnica is an example.  Each "petal" is actually a "ray" flower while the "disk" is made up of hundreds of "disk" flowers.  Click on the photo for a closer view.  As a bonus, my trademark insect may be seen in the upper left corner.  To be continued....






No comments:

Post a Comment