Saturday, July 28, 2018

Greetings, Haze

On my way down the driveway for an early morning walk, carrying only my cell phone, I was greeted by what I assume was sunrise over Reno, although it looked more like a gigantic version of Mars.  The phone's camera sensor did not capture the fact the whole sun was bright red, so you'll have to take my word for it.  I brought only the phone on this walk because it was sort of a scouting expedition to see what interesting aspects of nature I coud spot between my house and the coffee shop, then maybe come back later with what in my house I call my "real" camera.  Later I'll show the results: Evening Primrose in full bloom, Hollyhocks, and maybe a couple of other items.  Much more productive, photographically, was a mid-afternoon hike up Boyle Ravine where I brought said real camera and took over 40 photos.  Found three members of the Buttercup Family, Ranunculaceae, blooming in the same short stretch of the cascading stream.  Monkshood, Columbine, and Baneberry.
Internet speed is worse than ever at home, so tomorrow morning I'll go down to Quincy Provisions and add a couple more posts to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment