Saturday, June 14, 2014

An Exciting Afternoon

 I took what I thought would be a quick drive out to Oakland Camp to check up on the Milkweeds.  It turned out to be more of an adventure than I had expected.  Found lots of new flowers blooming, a few new bugs, and made a couple of new friends who happened to be looking for orchids based on what they had read in this blog.  Then they shared with me one of their discoveries of the day, the Stream Orchids pictured here are right at the edge of Quincy.  The Mountain Lady Slippers they were looking for when we met are already somewhat wilted and about done for the season, but these orchids as well as the California Lady Slippers that they found on Caribou Road, made for a rewarding day.  I'll post more of my day's findings tomorrow morning.  Click on these Stream Orchids for closer views.  A very beautiful flower, not always easy to spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment