Sunday, December 29, 2013

When Will We Ever Learn?

Shuffling through my file of newspaper and magazine clippings, I came across one that I'm in the mood to rant about.  Appearing a couple of weeks ago in the San Francisco Chronicle, this piece was titled "Wildlife habitat mapping to help West plan growth."  Here's the first paragraph:
     "RENO - Governors in 16 states are unveiling a high-tech wildlife habitat mapping project they      hope will encourage economic development across the West while protecting the region's environmental treasures from Puget Sound to the Rocky Mountains." 
   I'm not in the mood for an extended rant just now, but let me use a quote from the late Edward Abbey to summarize my feelings: "Growth is the ideology of the cancer cell."

No comments:

Post a Comment