Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Snow Gauges

 Compare these to last Saturday's post and you'll see that the winter is getting whiter.  My trash cans are in the shade, relatively speaking, so they are a good place to keep track of snow fall.  These were taken around 6:45 a.m.  It warmed up quite a bit during the day, at least into the high 30s, so there were a few signs of life - other than evergreens which show signs of life year 'round.  Heard a couple of Chorus Frog croaks and saw a few birds, mostly ravens and juncos.
I'd say we have 18" on the ground.  In this shady spot where I live, that means there should be snow on the ground at least until April no matter what kind of winter we have.  If I suffer withdrawal symptoms from the lack of bug photography, I'll need to head down to the Sacramento Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment