Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Impressions





From the top, my most memorable sightings today were an amazing-looking Ichneumon Wasp feeding on Indian Hemp, a milkweed relative, the first blooming Pinedrops I've seen this season, another view of my "pet" Goldenrod Crab Spider, Crimson Columbine blooming in many places, but this one near the place where Berry Creek passes under the pavement on the way to Oakland Camp, and the only Diamond Clarkia I've seen so far this season.  I photographed this one last evening in low light, so it's a bit blurry (or 'soft' as real photographers say), and today it was already wilted.  Dry year.  That was the fastest transition from fresh-looking to wilted I can remember except for flowers that are picked.  Looking forward to a trip to Butterfly Valley Botanical Area tomorrow to view carnivorous plants and other wonders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment