Friday, October 7, 2011

Get those nasty things off that lawn!




When I stepped out of my car I heard the roar of internal-combustion engines approaching. Then I saw the leaf blowers and lawnmowers approaching. I knew I'd miss my chance to photograph those nasty red and yellow, maple-leaf-shaped splotches on the courthouse lawn. So, I quickly gathered up a few choice specimens, pressed them into my notebook, and ducked into Alley Cat to watch the cleansing operation. A few minutes later the courthouse lawn was returned to its Astroturf-like glory. I then drove home and photographed the invaders in the safety of my dining room. With a background of copy paper - not upstaged by the chlorophyll in the lawn - and here you have it. Evidence of our "Awesome Autumn" preserved in electrons. Actually, I might also seal these leaves in my journal under transparent Contac(r) paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment