Thursday, October 20, 2011

Everything's Connected...Intermission

My son Ryan is interested in natural history. I guess that's a family requirement. But, he's more inclined toward the physical sciences and engineering. He built this approximate cube out of 270 matches. No adhesives. The matches are interlocked. As with his origami projects, I'm always intrigued by the possible natural history connections. In this case, I haven't quite found the connection except to note that the matches are made from trees. That's good enough to qualify for being on my blog because it's a really cool-looking object.

2 comments:

  1. Joe,
    When do we get to see the YouTube video of Ryan lighting one corner of the cube and the ensuing conflagration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention that. We were just beginning to learn the process of posting videos to the blog. We're a little behind on technology. Coming attractions.....and all that.

    ReplyDelete