Sunday, August 13, 2017

Catching up to today

 I just got back from feeding my neighbor's cat while she's out of town.  In her front yard there's a single Tanzy bush.  I haven't seen much Tanzy in the usual places this summer, so when I do see a bush I usually check it out for interesting visitors.  On this particular outing, I did not have my Nikon, so I had to make do with my limited skills with the iPhone camera.  The interesting visitor was an Ambush Bug.  They tend to stay on the same plant, or even the same flower, for long periods, sometimes several weeks.  So, I'll be checking on this one again.  I'll bring the Nikon on my afternoon cat-care trip and hope for something more dramatic and better focused.  Maybe a pair of Ambush Bugs mating, or an Ambush Bug actually ambushing some other kind of bug, or being ambushed by a spider.  Stay tuned.   If I'm not so lucky today, I may feel moved to go back to older posts from earlier years during Ambush Bug season that have photos of these kinds of occurrences.

No comments:

Post a Comment