Friday, May 2, 2014

Refusing to be Rejected

 A couple of years ago the tulip bed we inherited with the house seemed to be getting overcrowded.  Not knowing much about tulips, we just dug up a few bulbs and tossed them over by a pile of scrap wood we accumulate then use for kindling.  I guess they liked it there, or were just refusing to accept our act of rejection.  They have come back looking more beautiful than ever.  The above photo is the scene.  Then the photos below are closeups of a few of them.


 Ironically, I know a lot more about dandelions than I do about tulips, and I tend to be a "dandelion protectionist."  But, even though I don't pay a lot of attention to human-cultivated flowers, these tulips are starting to grow on me.  (Not literally, I hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment