Thursday, November 28, 2013

Some Thanksgiving Thoughts

 I left the house before sunrise, accompanied by camera, and headed for a coffee shop.  The first photogenic scene I noticed was the insides of my car windows.  Beautiful frost patterns, shot from the inside, taking advantage of the fact it was still dark outside, so I got some nice contrast.  When I'm more thoroughly bundled up, it is fun to sit there are actually watch the frost form.
After taking these shots, I cruised Main Street from one end of town to the other.  No coffee shops or cafes were open, so I settled for the 76 station.  I got to write in my journal for a while, and read a discarded Reno daily which today cost twice the usual price and contained 3.5 pounds of advertising slicks.  No, I don't carry a pocket spring scale.  The front page article said there were 3.5 pounds of ads inside, as if it were something to brag about.  Oh, oh.  My thoughts started going negative.  Decided it was time to go home and start thinking about cooking.  I'll scout the neighborhood for interesting photos this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment