Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 5. Newcomers!

My rescued plant hasn't changed much since Day 4, although the second pair of leaves is starting to differentiate from the embryonic leaves.  The slightly ragged (serrated) edges suggest the possible development of a Dandelion.  The exciting new development, though, is the arrival of two new sprouts to the right.  When transplanting my dandelion to an indoor pot, I borrowed some soil from a garden that runs along our front fence.  Based on the "weeds" that occupy that area during the summer, I'm predicting - and hoping - they'll turn out to be Yellow Wood Sorrel.  If so, and if I am able to get them through an entire life cycle indoors, I'll get to play with their exploding seed capsules in a controlled way.  Maybe even film the phenomenon.  But, maybe they'll become something else.  I'll try to keep them alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment