Sunday, October 3, 2010

An Inordinate Fondness for Beetles....

Again, quoting J. S. B. Haldane, the great biologist who had been asked to explain why there were so many species of beetles, more than half of all known species on the planet. He allegedly replied, "God must have an inordinate fondness for beetles." This shimmering blue beauty appeared today while I was splitting the last of my firewood. It was in a fir round, but I'm not sure what kind it is.
Yesterday, at the Fall Fest, I took a few interesting photos, especially one of an owl skull that I wanted to post on this blog. Also had several nice shots of my friends, The Coyotes, who were playing cowboy songs at the event. I must have hit a wrong button because this morning the folder containing those photos was nowhere to be seen. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment