Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Road Block

There are days when I ignore shadows, but when I'm in a mood for photography or drawing, sometimes the shadows in a scene are more intriguing than the object casting the shadow.  It's also interesting that we use an active verb in this situation, even though the object in question is not doing anything.  Anyway, I've been seeing a lot of sunflowers in front yards and in front of businesses around Quincy on my daily walks.  It would be easy to slip into an "if you've seen one, you've seen them all" mode, un less you make a point of looking at each one.  On some there may be a fascinating insect, spider, or other object of interest.  Some are oriented toward the sun and blue sky in ways that suggest interesting compositions.  The one in the above photo could hardly be ignored.  It was gone the next day.  I was sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment