Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Help?

I can't find this one in any of my wildflower guides.  Certainly not rare; I'm finding new ones blooming every few days in the last of August.  A weed?  The blossom is only 1/4" in diameter.  The body of the plant has rather spread out stems and branches, very thin, and the blossoms at the tips of branches are widespread.  I'm thinking it's a member of the Mustard family, Brassicaceae.  I'd appreciate a tip from anyone who recognizes it. It was very hard to get a clear photo with my camera.  Seems like it's always blowing in the wind when I come around.

1 comment:

  1. I can't be sure based just on the flower, I would need to see the leaves, and have some idea of the location. This is probably an Epilobium, which is in the Onagraceae family. A good guess is Epilobium brachycarpum, Willow Herb.

    ReplyDelete