Sunday, March 6, 2011

Three Spiders and a Frog




I like to think that my photos help some people overcome their arachnophobia. There were a few people at my opening last Friday night who were checking out my photos, one by one, as they walked along, but quickly stepped away when they came to the first spider. There were others, however, who admitted a distaste for spiders but were so intrigued by their beauty, especially the yellow one with red 'racing stripes,' that they looked for quite a while and engaged me in conversation about where I took the photos and about their natural history. I love it when that happens. I'll soon be putting together a booklet with natural history notes about all the photos in my show. Hopefully, it will be available before the show is over at the end of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment