Thursday, March 31, 2011

My First Wild Flower This Season



Ryan and I were quite involved with counting species of lichens on the rocks and photographing mosses, ferns, and fungi. Didn't expect to see any true wildflowers blooming. Maybe some dandelions. But, just as we were leaving the Greenville Y, we spotted two blooming Rock Cress, Arabis sp., a member of the mustard family. We played with the fence lizard a while longer, and took lots fo shots of fungi, and non-flowering plants. All in all, an enjoyable visit to one of our favorite spots, the rocky outcroppings between the highway Y and the river. I love the sun more than ever. I can see why humans invented Apollo.
This post makes 31 for March, keeping my one-a-day habit intact. April is looking very promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment