Friday, May 7, 2010

Art Walk Today in Quincy



Only one new wildflower being added this morning. Yesterday was a very busy day, and I didn't even bring my camera along. However, I couldn't resist photographing the stickseed, Hackelia ssp., that just bloomed in my front yard. This little cousin of forget-me-nots is in the borage family and the individual little flowers resemble those of the fiddleneck, although mounted on a very different body type and of a different color. These are common along the creek that parallels the sidewalk at FRC leading from the parking lot to the upper campus.

Promotion time: I have three photos that have appeared here in past posts now framed and hanging in the gallery of Main Street Artists. Opening for May's group show is tonight at 5. Many of our member artists have drawn, painted, carved, and photographed wonderful works based on nature. There's also a great group show at Morning Thunder based on the theme of biodiversity. At least a dozen of Quincy's finest artists on display there. Also, check out the museum, Epilog Books and Plumas Arts. And the snacks!!!! Good weather!!! A great day to be in Quincy.

A final note for all those weed-eater fans - who probably don't read this - the most hardy of sidewalk species are starting to burst through the cracks. If they don't all get poisoned or chopped before they bloom, you'll see me crawling around in the coming weeks, gathering more material for my book, "A Crack in the Sidewalk."

No comments:

Post a Comment