Sunday, August 18, 2013

Walking Among Weeds

 Friday afternoon I had a little time on my hands while waiting for someone at the Court House Annex.  Since I had my camera with me, I decided to take a walk in a "weedy" area just beyond the manicured lawns.  Weeds are much more interesting than lawns.  Here are my favorite images from the walk.

From top to bottom, two views of a non-native called Teasel. (There are several other spellings.) Five views of Wild Sweet Pea that comes in Pink, White, and variations.  Finally, a view of Goldenrod, one of the more prolific late-summer bloomers.  No more photos on the weekend. Still gearing up for fall classes I'll be teaching.  Starting tomorrow I'll be on campus every day, so I do plan to chronicle happenings in natural history on my many walks up and down and around the campus.







No comments:

Post a Comment