Monday, October 29, 2012

Nuclear Stupidity

No more photo space here, but enough text space for another rant or two. I just read a headline saying there are 16 nuclear plants in the path of Sandy. Still like the nuclear power option? I'm thinking of the people in my town who always leave their car engines running when they go inside to get their mail. One particularly loathsome sight to me was a lady taking her time eating breakfast and enjoying the Sunday paper while leaving her car running to keep her dogs warm. It wasn't even cold except maybe to a person accustomed to the Sahara. Maybe she's one of those people who, in the spirit of James Watt, believe the Last Judgement is just around the corner so there's no point in worrying about such things as global warming, human-caused climate change, air and water pollution, and nuclear power plant accidents. Maybe I'll invest in Alfred E. Neuman "What me worry?" stickers, and I could sell them to such people to paste onto everything in sight. There, got that out of my system. Hope to be back in photo mode in a couple of days.

4 comments:

  1. Joe,
    Can't you just open another blog and start over stacking up photos? A new, free gmail account might be required for the deception but you could then just post a hyperlink on your original blog and keep on snapping away... I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Chester: Any and all advice is welcome. This week I'm busily trying to get my photo show together to install at the Plumas County Museum on Friday. I'm also planning to offer my Nature Journaling class at Feather River College and participate in a "reading" from my forthcoming book in November. Time permitting, I will figure out how I am going to continue this blog - hopefully this weekend. Your ideas have been most helpful.

    ReplyDelete