Friday, February 11, 2011

My New Neighbor


I didn't get a chance to do any outdoor photography today, so it was satisfying to have a new colleague move into the office next door and bring a potted orchid. A cultivar, for sure, complete with the nursery label still attached, but nevertheless, like all orchids, pretty amazing. Especially when viewed up close. I walked by it several dozen times in the course of my morning duties when, finally, I couldn't resist any longer and went to fetch my camera. The results are above. Click on either photo for an enlarged view. In fact, click twice for a closer close-up of any part of the photo. Of all the world's major regions, we have the fewest wild orchids, so it was quite a thrill to find Mountain Lady Slippers (an orchid) in the forest just outside Quincy.

No comments:

Post a Comment