Sunday, July 4, 2010

Milkweeds are Great!




For several years I resisted switching to digital. I must say, I am now enjoying more than ever the process of "developing" my photos in broad daylight without chemicals. Another fringe benefit is discovering things in a photo, like insects and spiders, that I didn't see when I took the photo. Here I include two samples. I did see the spider on the Showy Milkweed, but not in such detail as I/you can see if you click on the photo to see a full-screen version. On the Narrow Leaf Milkweed (second photo), I didn't see the black and red beetle at all. There will be at least another couple of weeks of milkweeds blooming and hopefully I'll find some new bugs on them as well as the annual return of my favorite, the Red Milkweed Beetle, Tetraopes basalis. Meanwhile, here are couple of other beauties to enjoy - a cluster of Yarrow blooming with a visiting Checked Clerid Beetle, and a nice Crimson Columbine that was hanging over Spanish Creek near the Oakland Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment