Sunday, April 25, 2010

Some Plants and Fungi from the Same Walks











I think the top photo here is Pacific Star Flower, although the leaves look a bit different than I remember. Will check into it and report back, if no one beats me to it. Next are a Red Larkspur from the area around Old Highway near Keddie and a Lupine from the Greenville Y.
Then there's Henbit Dead Nettle, a flower that's out in abundance now, but difficult to photograph. I keep trying because I love the way it looks. A member of the mint family. Then, in my neighborhood, what I call a "Fungal Alignment" in the woods at the base of Claremont Mountain. Then there's "Dandelion Neighbors" and "Dandelion Future." Next, a cherry tree in my neighborhood. Then Cardamine, near Indian Falls. This is a new discovery for me this year. Interesting looking plant in the mustard family. Next, my best shot yet of Blue-eyed Mary. It's very small and difficult to photograph with my equipment. Finally, the first Balsam Root I've seen this season. This one about 1/2 mile north of the Greenville Y. So, my text today reads like a catalog. Not very inspiring. Tired. I really enjoyed seeing the flowers though.

No comments:

Post a Comment