Sunday, April 11, 2010

Not All Who Wander are Lost





I think I fell in love with my wife all over again the day she presented me with a T-shirt with this expression on it. I ramble, meander, amble, hike, crawl, and just plain WALK all over the place looking for stuff. I don't need to look for anything in particular because I trust that nature's bounty will be apparent if I just pay attention. Well, this morning, as I was about to post the promised pictures from yesterday's wanderings around Indian Falls, it was "Hark, hark! The Lark!" I was interrupted by a beautiful song as I got out of the car. A Western Meadowlark was singing from the top of a spruce tree. Fortunately, my camera was handy. Now I can re-live that moment many times over. There was a great deal of bird activity nearby, so I also got pics of a yellow-headed blackbird and a robin. I'll get back to those other photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment