Sunday, April 25, 2010

Some Critters from My Weekend Walks



Top billing today is a beautiful wasp that seemed excited about this exotic plant that probably escaped from a neighborhood garden. There were several others prowling these flowers, and they didn't bother me at all when I came in real close. Likewise the blue belly lizard. He did his vigorous push-which can send any number of messages ranging from come hither to stay away. he seemed to be intent on sending a message to me and my camera and made no effort to run away until i got within a foot. Last, great-looking beetle that I uncovered by tipping over a piece of bark. Great set of jaws, but not very aggressive so long as not handled. Remember, when biologist Haldane was asked what his studies of evolution told him about God, he replied, "He must have had an inordinate fondness for beetles."

No comments:

Post a Comment