Monday, April 5, 2010

One Year Later; Too Much to Bear


I started this BLOG one year ago today. Hopefully, I've learned a few things about this medium. I've fallen a bit behind in the publishing goals I stated in my first post, April 5, 2009, but I have done a lot more photography and I'm about to have my photos in two venues in town. I won't say where and when until I'm sure. Meanwhile, I've gotten revved up several times by emerging spring wildflowers only to be interrupted by another snow storm. SUnday night's storm was the heavy stuff, sometimes known as Sierra Cement. AS you can see in these photos, it was too much to bear for my birch trees, one of which is bent down to the garage roof. When the snow's gone, I'm going to have to gradually pull it upright and hope it'll recover fully in a month or so. It's amazing how many kinds of flowers bloom, then get covered with snow, but survive to bloom again or maybe hold onto their blooms until the snow melts. The feisty dandelions seem almost showing off their ability to survive storms by multiplying while covered with snow. At least it seems that way when the snow melts. Spring Break next week; I'm determined to find some flowers and insects to photograph and to get a dozen or so photos framed and ready for a show.

No comments:

Post a Comment