Sunday, January 6, 2013

Some Cold Weather Photography, Indoors!

 Yesterday, my Lithium battery and I decided we didn't want to shiver, so we stayed inside and practiced with our imaginations.  The photo above - the first three colors in the rainbow, portrayed by familiar edible items.  In the photo below, an abstract version, probably practiced by Pablo Picasso or Georges Braques when they were 2 years old.
In no sense are red, orange and yellow the first three colors other than the fact they are usually memorized in this order in kindergarten or 1st grade.  I'll never forget being asked by my first-grade teacher, "What comes after yellow?"  Her answer was "green."  Thus began my art mis-education.
 One of the more interesting photogenic objects lying around our house is this cube made of matches by my son Ryan.  A tricky construction, it has no adhesives of any kind.  The matches are locked together by their heads and each other.  The order of assembly is the key.  My interest in this situation was to play with background color.  All done in our kitchen 'studio' on different colors of posterboard.


Click on ay of these for a closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment