Thursday, January 2, 2020

Looking for Frost

 On my Monday drive to Greenville, I thought I'd find photogenic scenes of frost and/or icicles, but every time I stopped for a closer look at frost, I was disappointed or distracted.  In the photo above, is a panoramic view of the north-facing side of Mount Hough. This scene takes me breath away, at least partly because I recognize all sorts of nooks and crannies I've visited while hiking on said mountain.
 A little further down the road,  by a turnout I've visited many time in every month of the year, I got a good view of this water pipe.  I've never seen it dry up, and since the water is considerably warmer than the ambient temperature, it supports a nice patch of moss and algae.  Still, no frost.  I'm really out of practice with winter photography.  But I still have a couple of months to go.  When I got home, I realized I had the most photogenic frost I've seen in quite a while right at arm's length.  My rear view mirror!  I'm not usually one to take pictures from the comfort of the driver's seat, but this situation was special. Click on any of these photos for closer looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment