Thursday, January 16, 2020

Early Morning Light

Not an original title, for sure.  Many photographers, including Ansel Adams, have names one or more photographs with this title due to the impressive shadows and and lighting on the warmer end of the spectrum compared to mid-day.  When I got to work at FRC the other day, the sun had not risen. But when I walked up the pathway from the parking lot, the sun appeared.  Just before entering the classroom building, I saw this scene.  It took my breath aware.  My phone camera didn't capture the special lighting that my eyes beheld, but I had a strong urge to hike into the forest at this point and go up the hill where there's a view over American Valley and the town of Quincy.  But, instead, I decided I'd better go to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment