Sunday, March 3, 2013

More omissions

 Lo and behold, I find that two photos intended for my previous post did not load.  I might need some tech help to discover whether I'm being careless, or if I can blame some other entity for these omissions.  The above photo includes two slugs that were enjoying (I think) hanging from the under surface of a Pecky-cedar board.  The local temperature must have been a good 20 degrees or more above the air temperature above.  I love how small invertebrates, and even some small vertebrates, identify and take advantage of small spaces with suitable conditions for living when conditions nearby are not.
 The photo below shows a Raven that had just taken off from a corral fence.  I sent this one to a friend to point out the 45-degree taper at the trailing edge of the tail.  I was lucky to capture the bird at all, much less to get a shot barely clear enough to show that feature.  I'm not a practiced bird photographer.  Ironically, a few minutes later I stopped to check my mail and walked to within 10 feet of a Raven that was busy browsing a dumpster.  I could have taken a close-up, but the camera was in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment