Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Friend's Yard






I was really proud of my lawn fungus until I saw Mike's. A fellow nature lover, he does keep his yard looking nice, but due to a good location with enough sun and water, the inevitable visitors show up to make things more interesting than a so-called pristine lawn. I've photographed many interesting insect visitors to his flowers and now some of the broad-leaf trees and shrubs are showing the first signs of fall colors. The Oregon Grape (third photo from top) is showing some briliant red leaves and is a popular resting place for several different butterflies. His maples are starting to turn red, too. I'll photograph those during my next visit. This coming weekend I plan to do more drawing and painting than photographing, so look for a corresponding change in my postings soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment