Monday, August 10, 2020

The One that Didn't Get Away

 Hiking with my son on a trail on My. Hough, I saw two animals that got my attention.  The first was the biggest Mule Dee buck that either of us had ever seen.  For a second, I wondered if it was an Elk.

But the deer was too quick and well-hidden for me to get a good photo - or ANY photo. A few minutes later, I tipped over a piece of Incense Cedar bark, and the above Fence Lizard emerged, and instantly froze.. I took several photos, beginning from about four feet away, but he never took off, so I got closer and closer until  for the above photo I was within a foot. Not bad for an iPhone image under a hot and glaring sun. I could hardly see what I got on the tiny screen, then appreciated my luck when I got home and looked at it on  my laptop screen.  Enjoy. Click on the photo for a closer view.

No comments:

Post a Comment