Thursday, June 2, 2016

A Pink Light Glows

I brought my camera to work this morning with pollinating insects in mind.  I didn't see any insects on the daisies and clover that I knew were growing along the path to the office, but I did a double-take when I thought I'd spied a pink piece of trash in the forest around 15' off the path.  On closer inspection, it turned out to be a young Pinedrops, a plant that resembles the fungi in terms of preferred habitat and "way of life."  However, it bears flowers and is in the Heather family along with Manzanita, Madrone, and Prince's Pine, all common green plants in this area.  This specimen is actually faily well hidden, so I hope to check in on it regularly over the summer during which time it should reach 3 - 4 feet in height.  A nice way to begin blogging in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment