Sunday, November 14, 2010

The End Is Near!

The end of fall colors season, that is. As occasional rains and freezing mornings sever that last petioles from their branches, I savor scenes like this one which I pass several times a day on my way home. The bright red foliage closest to the corner light post is a Sweet Gum whose leaves I've featured here before. Immediately behind it and slightly left is a Mountain Ash. Behind that are two evergreens, a California Incense Cedar on the left and a non-native fir or spruce on the right. The yellow-orange foliage both in front of the courthouse (right side of photo) and behind the Incense Cedar are non-native maples and California Sycamore. Quite a show.
I highly recommend a casual walk around the courthouse, and perhaps a couple of blocks in any direction, to savor the fall colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment